Monday, February 22, 2010

The Beginning....


Well since tonight I'll be attending my first TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) meeting. I thought this would be a great time to start a blog about it. I have been fighting my weight all my life. In 2001 I dropped close to 90 pounds with my sister as my personal trainer. She developed a brain infection in 2004 and has never been the same. My weight started to go back up but I was doing OK at keeping it the same. In 2009 I broke my back and needed to have surgery. Well that was it...my weight went up up up!!

My Mom and I had joined TOPS in the late 90's and we both did very well. But life got in the way and we stopped going. Here is a little history about TOPS.

Mission Statement: TOPS’ mission is to support our
members as they take and keep off pounds sensibly.

I'm going to blog about my ups and downs during this journey. Some posts I'm sure will be very hard for me to write. I'm excited about this journey, but at the same time I'm nervous. I'll be posting my menu for the week along with snacks. Since I LOVE to cook there will be many recipes I've made. Along with a lot of pictures...I also LOVE taking pictures. Feel free to drop me an email.

I know that with God all things are possible!! Tomorrow I'll post some more of my now pictures. I want to keep posting them so I know where I DO NOT want to return!!


No comments: