Wednesday, April 14, 2010

WEEK 7 weigh In

I have been SO busy!  My sister had a baby on Thursday last week and I've been all baby crazy!!  We are approaching the end of our homeschool year and we are preparing for our exams.  The weather has been so nice that I have been out side working in the yard and gardens.  We have 2 gardens full of peas, and I've been working on my herb garden.  OK enough of that....now onto my weigh in.

This week I LOST 3.0 pounds!!  I was aiming for 4 pounds loss to make up for the week before...3 pound gain.  But I'll take it!! 

I made this the other day for lunch!!  I loved it so I thought I'd share it with you!

Green Salad with Strawberries

1 tablespoon pure maple syrup , or brown sugar (I used splenda brown sugar)

2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
1 tablespoon oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground pepper , to taste
3 cups baby spinach
3 cups watercress, tough stems removed
2 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
1/3 cup fresh chives, cut into 2-inch pieces
1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans
1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese

Whisk maple syrup (or brown sugar), vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add spinach, watercress, strawberries and chives; toss to coat. Divide the salad among 4 plates and top with pecans and goat cheese.

215 calories; 17 g fat (3 g sat, 9 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 4 g fiber; 209 mg sodium; 454 mg potassium.

2 comments:

Jessica - cbgblog said...

awwww. congrats on the new baby in the family.

Good job on the 3 pound loss. Glad things are going good for you.

Jessica - cbgblog said...

Just checking in on you... see how you are doing.