Saturday, March 13, 2010

Homemade Taco Seasoning

I love the simplicity of the packets of seasoning, BUT the amount of sodium and other stuff in them are horrible.  I came up with this taco seasoning to have with our tacos, and other mexican dishes.

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon chili powder (becareful when you buy this...look at the ingredient list, you'll be surprised how much other stuff is in there)
1/4 teaspoon of each:
garlic powder
onion powder
oregano
paprika
1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon pepper


add the ingredients into a jar, plastic or glass

doesn't that look beautiful!!  I love the colors....ok ok I know I'm strange that way.

give the mixture a shake and VIOLA!! The color is a bit different than the packet because they add some corn meal.  You can add that as well if you like...it just makes your mixture a little thicker.

To use cook up your ground turkey or beef, drain if necessary.  Add 2 tablespoons to the meat and heat a little while longer.  I add about 1/4 cup of water and cook.

ENJOY!!

2 comments:

Jessica - cbgblog said...

You put pics up... big step. I am proud of you!

Weight Watcher Wannabe said...

Fantastic.. Can't wait to try it.