Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Week 4 Weigh In

With this week's weigh in I lost:

2.4 pounds!!

I was so excited!  My body is accepting this new lifestyle very well.  My total so far this month is 16 pounds lost!!  I'm SO excited.  I decided to pick up a few things that were equal to the weight I lost so far....BOY 16 pounds is pretty heavy to be carrying around on my body!!  I had set a goal of about 20 pounds this month but I'll take what I can get.  This past week I did not measure everything but I was very careful about what I ate.  My husband and I even went out to supper Friday night.  I find myself really studying the menu and taking my time before ordering.  I felt really good after leaving the resturant on Friday.  We went to Denny's of all places.  I had grilled chicken with buffalo sauce on it...I know the buffalo sauce wasn't the best choice but I had them place it on the side so I could control the amount on them.  I had brown rice instead of fries, I ordered green beans but when I got them they were swimming in butter!!  I ate only 2 of them...I was really disapointed over that one.  But I felt pretty comfortable with the meal over all.

I'm LOVING the Biggest Loser Wii "game".  I am getting a really good workout from it.  It's hard to think of this as a workout because the word game is in it!  I'll keep thinking that!  Also, my husband and I planted 2 full gardens of peas Saturday.  I love to garden and what a workout you get.  I never thought of gardening as fitness.  We plan on planting tomatoes, peppers, onions, green beans, zucchini, yellow squash, butternut squash come later spring.  We are also adding fruit trees and berry bushes to our property!!  So if you live in the area...I'll share with ya.

Have a great week!!  I'll be posting a few new recipes from this past week later today or tomorrow.  One is fish and the other is sloppy joes.  I used ingredients where it cut the fat and calories.

What have you been up to?

2 comments:

Jessica - cbgblog said...

Way to go with 2.4 pounds. That is awesome.

Goodness..... 16 pounds and counting in a month - that is crazy!

Keep up the good work.

Jessica - cbgblog said...

guess what... a couple of awards for you on my blog!